Close to Central Florida Attractions
And far enough away that they are not a distraction.
- Less than 35 minutes to Walt Disney World
- Less than 40 minutes to Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens
- Less than 60 minutes to Gulf and Atlantic Beaches
- Less than 75 minutes from Kennedy Space Center
With over 2,000 square miles of land and water, Polk is the 4th largest county in the state. We have 17 municipalities
– the largest being Lakeland, Winter Haven, Lake Wales, Bartow, Haines City and Davenport (full list), and have an estimated population of over 686,000.
Getting to Polk County
Polk County is well served by Interstate 4 and both US Highway 27 and State Road 60. Interstate 4 runs east and west between Interstates 75 (west coast) and 95 (east coast). Running 481 miles between Tallahassee and Miami, US Highway 27 is a divided highway (mostly) and is a great route for visitors planning a unique road trip through the state. You’ll drive along the heart of Florida and experience the state’s eccentric roadside history. State Road 60 runs east and west between Clearwater and Vero Beach.
Polk County’s proximity to both Tampa and Orlando means we are just 40 minutes from two international airports, Tampa International Airport (TIA) and Orlando International Airport (MCO). Lakeland Linder Regional Airport offers full TSA and Customs operations and airport infrastructure to accommodate personal, business and charter aircraft operations.